Our response to covid-19
Tejas is committed to the health and safety of all of our guests and staff. In light of the Coronavirus (Covid-19) Pandemic, we want to continue communicating what we are doing in order to protect all visitors to Tejas. Along with continuing to follow safety procedures already in place, as well as state and federal guidelines and CDC recommendations, we are committed to the following:
Tejas Coronavirus Health Commitment
- Give me clean hands. We are increasing our number of handwashing stations around camp, including for use immediately before and after entering and exiting the Dining Hall.
- Keep my hands pure. We will distribute spray bottles of hand sanitizer to all groups for use throughout the day as well as adding more dispensers throughout camp. These will be refilled as needed.
- Keep it cool. Daily staff temperature checks and weekly questions focused on health history. We will have non-contact thermometers available for use for each guest group.
- Keep it clean. Increased disinfecting and sanitizing cycle on equipment and facilities with checklists. We will disinfect the dining hall after meals, equipment after each use, and sanitize camp between every guest group. We also have electrostatic sprayers to ensure full disinfectant coverage of all areas. We have designated staff to focus on our disinfection process.
- Meals to go. Individual served meals as well as individual condiments and drink service. Our staff will wear appropriate PPE and hand items to guests as needed.
- Be protective. We will have our staff wear masks where required by the state of Texas and ask that all guests adhere to current laws and guidelines. We will continue to monitor and adapt our policies for all forms of Personal Protective Equipment as guidelines change.
- Breathe in, breath out. Checking and replacing air filters regularly in each building and cabin as well as encouraging fresh air moving through buildings as much as possible.
- What if… Increased quarantine facilities, should an infection happen. We will have increased quarantine capacity and will be in contact with groups to ensure families are notified of potential COVID-19 infection.
- Limited Access. Limiting non-program participant access to property and keeping our staff socially distanced. Any vendor or guest who comes onto property will maintain social distance and follow all camp guidelines or be asked to leave.
- Prayer. Our greatest defense is prayer. Everyone can join together to pray for a safe and memorable year at camp for all involved. God is the first and last part of our camp as we set the stage for Jesus to transform lives. We seek Him in every decision we make and seek to have His presence in all things at camp.
Should you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com. We look forward to serving you!
Stay updated by subscribing to our Newsletter here.
Donate to Tejas
We are so thankful for all who graciously give. Learn more here.