The Tejas Remain Internship
Tejas’ Remain Internship is an awesome opportunity to develop skills and gain experience within a Christian ministry setting. By growing in camp and retreat experience and developing professional leadership skills, Tejas interns learn through a hands-on environment what it is like to serve as Jesus did while He was here on earth. The experiences at Tejas will help prepare interns for whatever comes next in their lives – college, a full-time career, ministry, additional camp work, and more.
Interns are valuable in helping shape the Tejas story. Each Remain intern holds an essential role in writing a part of Tejas’ story. Interns are welcomed with open arms into the Tejas family and are seen as vital in making Tejas all that it is, year after year.
The Tejas Remain internship program has a limited number of individuals accepted each year. The ideal candidate would exhibit the following:
- An active and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Desire to be a part of weekly discipleship.
- Responsible, punctual, and willing to work with others.
- Willingness to work face to face with guest groups in various capacities.
- Able to take initiative in observing and executing what needs to be done while work is in progress.
- Willingness to work hands-on, using various types of tools and equipment.
- Position will include working in harsh weather conditions, athletic environments, and up to 60 feet above ground level.
Remain Interns will assist with camp duties such as running guest activities, serving meals, etc. All interns will be required to attend weekly discipleship events. We are currently accepting applicants aged 20-25.
What to Expect
- The internship is paid year-long commitment (August 2020-August 2021)
- On-site housing is provided
- Meals are provided (when we have guests on site)
- Medical insurance provided (if necessary)
- Lifeguard, CPR, First-Aid, and AED certifications
- $1000 / month compensation
Interns will spend their time at Tejas in discussions, spiritual development, community, growth, and goal-setting and problem-solving experience.
A major focus of Tejas as a ministry is service — service both to guests and to each other, as fellow staff members, yes, and also as brothers and sisters in Christ. As we set the stage for Jesus to transform lives, interns will strive to be more like Jesus in looking to serve and not to be served in all that they do. As such, Tejas interns are individuals committed to growing in their faith, becoming image-bearers of Christ as they strive to daily remain in Him through service to others.
What does it mean to remain in Christ, as John 15:5 talks about? Jesus is the vine and we, as Christians, are the branches. “If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” As individuals enter into Tejas’ Remain internship, our hope is that our interns will be able to fully embrace what it means to remain in Him and therefore, bear much fruit.
The Tejas Internship Program exposes single college students and young adults to different areas of ministry while challenging and encouraging them to become more like Christ and learning what it means to “set the stage for Jesus to transform lives”.
The Remain Internship seeks to provide guest experiences that are seamless and without distraction. We seek to hire individuals who reflect this vision.
Tejas interns would observe and assist in being the hands and feet for each group leader/group that comes to Tejas, whether through serving with Guest Services, Recreation, Facilities, Food Service, Recruiting, and Retail. We seek to provide a place for the groups to grow closer to Christ. But for Tejas interns, we want to offer the same as we do our guests: an environment away from the norm, a place for you to think, pray, be creative, learn, and grow in your faith journey as you grow closer to Jesus.